Belphegor as Illustrated by Nitroplus.
|Voice Actor||Ai Kakuma (Japanese); Ella Davis (English)|
"Breathing is troubleso~me. Wearing clothes is troubleso~me."
Belphegor is the Demon Lord of Sloth, known for being lazy or unwilling.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Belphegor has a semi-animalistic appearance, with goat ears, light-tan skin, short white hair with a butt-length rat-tail, two green-and-yellow horns going straight up on her forehead, and a huge black-and-yellow striped tail ending in a three-fingered purple claw at the end. Her claw is prehensile and can be used as well as her hands. True to her name, she casually wears a big white long-sleeved shirt buttoned only at the navel, white thong panties, white slouch-socks, and a pair of white earrings. Belphegor has a white rose shaped tattoo between the top of her breasts. Belphegor also has a black or grey bow-ribbon tied around her neck along with a little bell. She has three black straps around the uppermost portion of her thighs and a single black strap around the uppermost portion of her arms. She always carries with her a stone jug of sake on a blue string.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Belphegor spends the day and night almost without moving one inch, and almost all the business she takes care of is within the range of her tail. She especially likes drinking sake, reading manga, watching anime, playing video games (both console and online), browsing the internet, and generally spending time with her electronic devices (PC, tablet, consoles). It is only when enjoying these that she spares no efforts, or rather exerts all efforts.
Despite her sin, Belphegor is surprisingly a good listener. She responds to Belial's orders, while still paying attention to her hobbies. She still acknowledges Lucifer's assault on the Demon Lords, but simply refuses to do anything about it without a very good reason.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Belphegor is said to have the highest abilities among the seven Demon Lords, as reflected by having the most demonic appearance; however, due to her ultimate laziness, she won’t show them. As such, her favorite phrase “If I get serious, you’ll be amazed” is controversial among demon researchers who cannot decide whether or not it’s true.
Later, it is revealed that Belphegor possesses the ability to create and alter digital realities such as video games. This unique ability hosts other humans or "fans" to play along in an RPG environment, and forget the rest of their lives in doing so; however, it irks her when players complete her games, thus making her have to create more add-ons to further entice her audience. This clever ploy both fuels her and Mammon's collective power.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Belphegor's name and character appears to be a reference to Belphegor , one of the seven Princes of Hell.
- Belphegor is the only character with animal ears, resembling that of a goat, which is the animal that represents the sin of Sloth.
- Belphegor is the only demon with a tattoo and earrings.
- Belphegor, Astaroth, Mammon and Beelzebub are the kinder Demon Lords; that said, it takes effort for Belphegor to reveal that side of herself.
- Belphegor is one of the youngest Demon Lords; while older than Beelzebub and Leviathan, she is around the same age as Astaroth.
- Belphegor is the only Demon Lord to give nicknames to her fellow kind.
- Belphegor makes a cameo appearance in Episode 4 of "The Seven Heavenly Virtues" speaking to her polar opposite in Sandalphon, the Archangel of Diligence.